Happy to note that I am part of the social media ‘swat’ team at today’s commencement at Arizona State University, where president Barack Obama will speak. (Sun Devil Stadium, 7 PM Mountain Time, 63,000 people).
Now unofficially called the ‘Tweam‘ (in the tradition of making horrible words to describe anyone also using Twitter as a communication tool) about 20 of us will provide a different type of coverage from what the major networks will bring: multiple angles, twitpics and more uploaded to Flickr, perspectives and commentary on several blogs, podcasts etc. Befitting, of course Obama’s and the White House’s use of social media.
A few things to get you started:
- Twitter: the event can be tracked here, and also using our event hash tag #asugrad09
- Web video: we have a special event page http://graduation.asu.edu/live
- UStream: A separate live stream the event using from this link
- Tanner Wood: a student who’s graduating -and of course tweeting
- Tiffany Duening: also a student who’ll be tweeting from the floor of the stadium
- Podcasts: uploaded to Decision Theater’s blog
Watch how ABC15 profiled this social media blitz last night –click on the TV story, top right of page
One thought on “Obama’s visit today begets massive social media coverage”
Pingback: Word map your tweets and learn from it! «