I am a computer and technology teacher at Salt River Elementary School in Scottsdale, Arizona. Prior to that I was a communications strategist, consultant, business & technology writer, broadcaster and podcaster. Prior to that, a creative director at O&M. Prior to that, a banker. More on my website.
When I began blogging in May 2004, communication was being disrupted; media was under siege. I was convinced that the hoi polloi –Greek for that derisive term the masses– were going to rearrange our molecules, so to speak. Radical change always arrives from those on the edges: Johannes Gutenberg was not a printer, but a goldsmith.
‘Hoipolloi Report’ is my sandbox. This is where I take notes of media and marketing shifts that empower –and are enlarged by– ‘people like us.’ Today we the hoi polloi certainly tell better stories. Noisy, funny, and unpredictable we speak our mind, we talk back.
Chat Republic, How Social Media Drives Us To Be Human 1.0 in a Web 2.0 World. The book was inspired by much of the topics I have written about here on this blog, and in my tech columns for two magazines. Topics I am still passionate about: Technology, Education, Marketing, and Media.
- Tech & Current Affairs Columnist for LMD magazine since 1994
- Tech columnist for Communication World magazine
- Past Contributor to ValleyPRBlog.com
- Past Contributor to Create Magazine
- Edited a book for Superbrands
- Workshop: ‘Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead.’ Teacher Workshop, Sri Lanka, 2015
- Webinars: Passport To Digital Citizenship Sri Lanka, 2010
- Workshop: Social Media for Journalists Sri Lanka, 2010
- Workshop: ‘Think Digital, Act Analog’ US, 2008
- Workshop: Build Your ‘Social Media Resume’ US, 2008
- Workshop host on EdTech, S.T.E.M, Emerging Media
- Technology Column won a Maggie award
- Radio show co-host, Your Triple Bottom Line
- Blog ranked in 2008 by Social Media Today
Education, Ed-Tech, Robotics, AI, Integrated Marketing Communications, Digital Media, Content Creation, Citizen Journalism, PR, Social Media, Networking, Search, Data Visualization, Mobile Communications, Podcasting, Gamification, Radio, Content Curation, Diplomacy, Wikis.