As some of you in Arizona may have heard, last week ASU announced it is implementing a ‘furlough‘ for all staff. It was a proactive step taken while the legislature decided how it wanted to mangle education in Arizona. I could go on with a long rant about this, but there are other venues for that.
Many have asked what’s a furlough. Here is one explanation.
What’s next? There are many ways I could use my 12-day furlough, but considering that there are people out there who don’t even have job openings to apply for, I have an idea.
Job Camp. If anyone cares to join me, I plan to run a job search workshop. It would be based on my interest in the ‘social media resume‘ and include new thinking on areas such as:
- How to reach hiring managers
- What recruiters are looking for
- What are the best ways to connect with them.
It would also cover some basics on:
- Writing a strong resume / Designing a resume
- Embedding it with social media elements.
- Targeting your job search with your resume
Details will follow.