I am testing a book creation tool called YouBlisher. The goal is to learn how it works so I could teach my students next year how to ‘publish’ in more ways than one! Test it out and let me know what you think.
Click on the icon to view a digital book that lets you flip pages. Then read below the pros and cons:
What’s good about Youblisher:
- It’s free, so I don’t have to download any software.
- The content has to be created on a local computer, and not on the provider’s website.
- You need to convert your document into a PDF to upload it. Which means you create your book as a Microsoft Word doc, or Publisher. Alternatively, you could create a photo book using Photoshop or Powerpoint. As long as you save it as a PDF.
- The pages flip like a professional ebook.
- YouBlisher gives you a link to embed (which is not what I did here – I just linked an image of the cover, back to the site.) They also give you a Facebook embed code.
What I wish was possible:
- A way to download the entire ebook, and save it on any device
- A custom URL would be terrific! Right now it’s www.youblisher.com/p/1391665-Full-STEAM-Ahead. But hey!
- I wish the links within the content worked. There may be a way to fix this…
Note: The content for this eBook was culled from several posts on this blog. It took me just 20 minutes.
One thought on “Creating an eBook from a PDF – Cool tool!”
Pingback: Second eBook experiment. It gets better! | Hoi Polloi Report