Just announced plans for Space Day at Salt River Elementary – our 6th year!
- This year’s focus is on the Moon, rockery and spacesuits.
- The student competition is to design a future spacesuit
- Each class in every grade level will experience one facet of space science
- When: Oct. 26th, 2017 Time: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
As the event grows bigger each year, my thanks to those who will be supporting it:
- Orbital ATK, Arizona
- Jet Propulsion Lab, California
- Autonomous Collective Systems Lab, at ASU
- SpaceTRex, University of Arizona
- Challenger Space Center, Arizona
Space science is a fascinating field, and gives us who focus on STEM an ability to widen the lens. Consider some of the recent developments
- Lunar X-Prize by Google –The current challenge to go back to the Moon!
- The Cassini mission –The spaceship traveled nearly 20 million miles to Saturn, and just concluded.
- Space Tourism — May be one year away! SpaceX just announced two citizens will make the trip!
One thought on “Plans afoot for Space Day 2017”
Pingback: Space Day at Salt River Elementary | Hoi Polloi Report