Is news getting more weird? Or do have more access to information we would have never known in a previous era?
Consider these. Fact or fiction?
- Humans will soon travel at 760 miles an hour by ‘Hyperloop’
- Machines will soon use people as batteries. Away for mobile devices to ‘grab’ energy directly from human skin.
- Target to do away with Men’s and Women’s clothing departments.
- Solar plane, with a wider wingspan than a Boeing 747 can fly around the world at a whopping 28 miles per hour. (Perfect for people too scared to use the aforementioned Hyperloop.)
- Sean Parker offers US govt. a tool called ‘Brigade’ that will ensure 100 percent civic participation in the upcoming US election.
Fact or Fiction?
- The Hyperloop mode of transportation is very possible. Anything by Elon Musk ought to be taken seriously.
- Here’s the ‘batteries from skin’ story from the University of Singapore. It sure sounds like the Matrix, harvesting humans to run machines. I could not have made this up!
- Target hasn’t gone this far. However, it did announce a policy whereby Men’s and Women’s bathroom will be open to a person who identifies with that gender.
- Solar aircrafts are being tested. Fascinating even if you are skeptical about alternative energy.
- Sean Parker is a ‘disruptive’ kind of philanthropist. While he did found a civic engagement too called Brigade, I made up the part about promising the govt 100% civic engagement in elections. Dream on!